Do not depend on the hope of result. Start more and
more to concentrate not on the results but on the value,
the rightness, the truth of the work itself ...
in the end it is the value of personal
relationships that saves everything.

--Thomas Merton


Tuesday 9 December 2008

A very merry blogging Christmas

Gina with that famous and unique being - Topsy
We do this every so often.
Gina rounds us up and we are happy to be rounded up.
There's Val who used to write Val Has Her Say
but unfortunately she does not have her say anymore
and is busy with hand-made books and travelling and
has just returned from Waikiki and San Fran.
Then there's Connie who does clever things with pictures and music
and Helen, Gina's neighbour and now our friend.
and
that Queen of High Teas and Cup Cakes all the way from Kyneton
Leeanne of Pear Tree Cottage.
It was a warm sunny day and we sat in Gina's lovely courtyard under the gum trees and lunched, and gossiped, and laughed and caught up.
I do have to say how wonderful Melbourne bloggers are.
They meet up, they share, they are social beings.
Thank you Gina for your generous heart, spirit and hospitality.
My turn in the New Year everyone.

Leeanne excelled herself. Giant cupcake made in special tin from the USA

We all brought a plate each. My contribution - Rice Salad.

Gina's present to me: a wonderful cook book that you will hear more of over here
and a card with a cross-stitched reindeer. Thank you Gina - and what clever fingers.

And there were other goodies too numerous to fit on the scanner.

2 comments:

Steve Hayes said...

Yes, it's nice when bloggers meet. We've only had one blogger gathering here so far, but I hope we can have more.

Gina E. said...

Thank you for the lovely write-up, Brigid! I love the photo of Topsy on my shoulder - may I 'lift' it to keep on my computer??
Also, I forgot to scan my cross stitch card before I gave it to you, so I'd like to lift that too.
February 1st next year sounds good - I'll put it in my 2009 diary right now!

 
in her own write © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você