Do not depend on the hope of result. Start more and
more to concentrate not on the results but on the value,
the rightness, the truth of the work itself ...
in the end it is the value of personal
relationships that saves everything.

--Thomas Merton


Saturday 6 December 2008

Just perfick!!!

Searching the TV program at 6.30pm on a Saturday night is for optimists only.  One doesn't hold out much hope.  But joy, delight!  I have been so fortunate!  Ovation has begun The Darling Buds of May.  Episode 1 started to-night.


I had read the H.E. Bates novel decades before it became a wonderful television series.  A marvellous storyteller, he - and I have spent many a delightful hour in his novels and short stories.   

In the long ago, when I was a teenager, the Americans made the story into The Mating Game starring Debbie Reynolds and Tony Randall.  Now this was good fun but it in no way compares with the television series starring Pam Ferris, David Jason, and the fledgling Catherine Zeta Jones. Perfick!!!

One absolutely incredible thing I have discovered watching this re-run: the striking resemblance of Philip Franks -who plays Charley, the taxman - to our very own Kevin Rudd.

Somehow, while we all know that Kevin "is here to help", I don't think he will help me fill out my income tax - but then I'm no Catherine Zeta Jones either.

0 comments:

 
in her own write © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você